Dr. Hoffmann felt his call to ministry during high school. He always wanted to become a medical doctor, but after a pivotal evening of worship, prayer and teaching, Hoffmann decided to give his future to ministry. He dove headlong into theological study, to properly equip himself to lead believers in the church bodies he served.
Dr. Bob believes every Christian should continue to seek God through studying His Word through each stage of life and maturity. Because of this, he has been active in numerous denominational and ecumenical groups including Ministerial Alliances, Advisory Boards, Ministry Councils, Mission Projects and Prayer Gatherings.
Dr. Bob and his lovely wife, Debra, have four daughters and five grandchildren.
Church Leadership Roles:
- Senior Pastor, First United Methodist Church of Calhoun, Georgia
- Senior Pastor, First United Methodist Church of Cedartown, Georgia
- Senior Pastor, Midway United Methodist Church in Auburn
- Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of McRae, Georgia
- Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Thomaston, Georgia
Organizational and Community Leadership Roles:
- Board of Directors of the Murphy-Harpst Children’s Centers
- Trustee of Brewton-Parker College
- Member of the Mercer University Advisory Committee
- Adjunct Professor of Christianity, Brewton-Parker College and Mercer University
- Chaplain for the Georgia State Senate and House
- Chaplain for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Christianity, Mercer University
- Master of Divinity (Cum Laude), Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forrest
- Doctor of Ministry Degree in Biblical Studies, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky
- Summer post-graduate studies:
- Beason Divinity School
- Duke Divinity School
- Erskine Theological Seminary