The Congregational Care ministry reaches out with love to those who are hurting and in need within our church and community. Some of these include people undergoing surgery, in hospital stays, nursing facilities or confined in their homes, at the same time keeping in touch with established as well as new members.
There are several ministries within Congregational Care including:
- Second Monday Gathering at Southern Plantation: Join our Pastor and Congregational Care Minister for snacks and fellowship with members. All are welcome!
- Care Cells: This ministry helps connect families within our church to ensure each member knows he or she is loved and important to the body. Families coordinate with one another for regular check ins and care.
- Driving Ministry: Members volunteer to take others for an appointment they might otherwise have to miss.
- GriefShare: This is a 13-week program through which we learn how to walk the journey of grief and enjoy support along the way. One or two groups happen each year. GriefShare also hosts a “Surviving the Holidays” program in November.
- Journeying through Grief: A ministry of books and letters from the Pastor and Congregational Care Minister for the first 11 months after a loved one’s death.
- Partners in Prayer: In this integral part of the Sunday services, members pray with our Pastor before Sunday service.
- A Year of Prayer: Members select one day of month to pray for the church, the Pastor, staff and members.
- The Prayer List is listed in the bulletin each Sunday. Members can contact the Congregational Minister to have names listed.